Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Metroid Prime 3 Video Review

Metroid Prime 3 Video Review

Courtesy of Gametrailers. The scores and praise are predictably high, which is always something you expect from most big-time game sites and prozines. Still, this should be a good viewing, and the Wii finally gets a big-name title for the serious gamers. Hopefully, more first-person shooters will follow suit (am I wrong to ask for Doom or Quake 3?). I still don't have a system, so you'll have to tell me how the game finally plays.

Oh, and did I mention that the downtown Minneapolis Target received a number of Wii consoles on Monday? Strangely, it's remained a secret - they didn't immediately fly off the shelf as lore would have it. Still, the stock of nine should be gone by Wednesday. Again, I'm really impressed with Nintendo's new mastery of consumer seduction. They just know how much to tease, and how much to hold back. I'm curious to know how long they intend to keep this little game going. Certainly through the Christmas season - that's a given for anyone who remembers the Cabbage Patch Doll scam back in the early '80s.

No comments: