Saturday, September 01, 2007

Sen. Reid Backs Off Troop Withdrawals

"Smithers, there's a rocket in my pocket."

"Mmm....You don't have to tell me, sir."

I believe "willing to compromise" are the key words here. The Democratic leadership is poised to sell us out yet again, folks. Any surprises? And we voted these cowards into power for what reason, again? I forget. I've never seen so many instances of a political party deliberately refusing the will of its voters. This is a party governed by fear and cowardice the likes I haven't seen since, well, Junior High School.

So which college are you planning to send your son or daughter to? Any prestigious universities? Any smaller, private schools? I remember my first year at The College of St. Scholastica in Duluth, MN. It was a wonderful place and time, and I owe much of what I am today to those days. I would wish the same for your own children.

Forget it. Your child is going to Baghdad and/or Tehran. Your government is going to take them away from you, hurl them into the seventh circle of hell, then grind them into dust.

But don't worry. I'm sure your government will do the honorable thing for your child:

Dead heroes are supposed to come home with their coffins draped with the American flag -- greeted by a color guard.

But in reality, many are arriving as freight on commercial airliners -- stuffed in the belly of a plane with suitcases and other cargo.

John Holley and his wife, Stacey, were stunned when they found out the body of their only child, Matthew John Holley, who died in Iraq last month, would be arriving at Lindbergh Field as freight.

No comments: