Sunday, July 05, 2009

Photos - Advance Wars 2 (gba)









As you can see, I'm moving all my video game reviews from my original website, DanielThomas.org, to videogames of the DAMNED. Back when most of my writing was focused on games, I worked hard on capturing the perfect screenshots to go with my lengthy reviews. As an artist, I treated these shots as another realm of photography, of capuring the right moment, and I'm very proud of the results.

The ever-forward rush of games and technology means that anything old is quickly forgotten, but I hope this changes. Portable game systems like the Gameboy Advance are especially vulnerable, although I hope the movement toward preserving console games on XBox, PS3, and Wii are carried through to the handhelds. The DS would be an especially perfect platform for downloading old GBA titles.

Anyway, here are shots from Advance Wars 2 on the Advance. I think this was the best game in the series. What say you?

Personal note: the top two screenshots are from custom maps I created. I even bundled these together as save files that could be downloaded and used on GBA emulators. Another proud little art project of mine, heh heh.

No comments: