Saturday, October 03, 2009

Under Defeat (2006)




Now here is an absolutely smashing arcade shooter! Just sensational. I'm not a fan of the hyper-manic "bullet" shooters. I'm really a fan of the Toaplan shooters from the '80s and early '90s - Twin Cobra, Fire Shark, yadda yadda. G.Rev's Under Defeat continues that fine tradition, and I'm really quite thrilled to see it appear on the Dreamcast.

Here are a few screenshots of the game in action. As you can see, this is no mere low-budget shovelware, but a top-line production that duly demonstrates Dreamcast's powers. Background graphics and smoke effects are terrific. Any overhead shooter where I can blow everything up is a winner in my book, and I've always enjoyed smashing tanks in streets and battleships in water.

Ooh, this really looks sensational. Am I repeating myself? Ah, well, there's only so many words you can use to describe these classic arcade games. Just imagine how impressed your friends will be at the sight of this - running on a Sega Dreamcast,no less!



No comments: