Monday, September 13, 2010

Video - Groove on Fight (Saturn)



Alright, here's another video of a Sega Saturn classic from Japan, the colorful and brilliant 2D fighter, Groove on Fight.  This is Atlus third title in their Power Instinct series, and it's an excellent game in its own right.  The style is very close to SNK's The King of Fighter series on the Neo-Geo, with two-on-two teams, but it's far more goofy in its characters and special attacks.

I'm really impressed with this game.  Strong and vibrant colors are always my style, and this sort of look has all but disappeared in the age of $30 million cinematic games.  Perhaps it's just too difficult to impress gamers with Groove on Fight when they've got Modern Warfare 2 blasting away on their giant televisions.  I would hope that there is room enough for both.  Heck, I'd rather have a Sega Saturn in 2010 than any of today's consoles...and I may be a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

No comments: