Friday, September 22, 2006

Break 'Em All - Nintendo DS

I grabbed Break 'Em All a number of weeks ago, since it was a cheap retro title for the DS. For better or worse, that's pretty much what it is - a cheap retro title. Twenty clams isn't too bad a price, I suppose, to play through Breakout/Arkanoid all over again. Whatever.

Needless to say, I became pretty bored with the whole thing far sooner than I expected. I'm usually on the prowl for the classic games on my little handheld, so I'm not too sure what to say. Just chalk it up to sheer indifference.

What else does one have to say? It's Breakout, it's Arkanoid. You've read the book, seen the movie, watched the cartoon show, wore the t-shirt, eaten the breakfast cereal, and took the lunchbox to school. Now you get to play it again for the ten millionth time.

Also, if you play long enough, you have some sort of religious epiphany, or something. I didn't stick around long enough. The story of the human race.

No comments: