Friday, January 11, 2008

Micro-Podcasts

Here's a cool idea I came up with recently: Micro-Podcasts.

A micro-podcast would be a very short podcast, only a minute or two. Instead of putting together a 20 minute show (or longer), I could just read a single post from my blog, or even a single review. Something that you can shuffle in and out of without any hassle.

I thought of recording a micro-podcast for every one of the blog posts from this site, and maybe even the Virtual Console reviews. It's even a good idea for the proposed book. Everything would be uploaded to iTunes, Amazon, Zuma, and all the major places where you could download for free.

What about musical accompanyment? Should it just be me and the microphone? I thought I should add in my acoustic guitar or some bongos (hey, I really need some bongos) for background - going for that poetry slam feel. How does that sound?

Oh, and I also came up with the idea of buying a can of parmesean cheese, you know, the one with the odd smiley face, and turning it into a YouTube star. "The Wacky Adventures of Barfy McCheese." He's extremely allergic to pasta. Hey, he could even do movie reviews. What did you think of "Norbit," Barfy McCheesy?

Okay, I really need to get some sleep.

No comments: