Saturday, March 08, 2008

Wii Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - New Screens







(Screenshots courtesy of Wiitalia)

(NOTE: Blogger's being a real pain tonight. I'll upload the photos as soon as I can.)

Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 for Wii is one of those titles I've kept a fast eye on. As soon as I watched the first demonstration video, I knew the potential for this game was enormous. The Wiimote and Nunchuck give a startling degree of precision to the sport, far greater than ever before seen. With the ability to direct any player on the field, allowing for strategic movements and feints, this game can potentially render all current sports games obsolete. It really is that big. Which is why I'm hoping that Konami can make Pro Evo a success.

The latest batch of screenshots and gameplay movies are available online, and I'm more convinced than ever that I'm right. Pro Evo 2008 will revolutionize video game sports. Imagine the possibilities, when the Wii control method is brought to bear on hockey, football, basketball...my mind reels at the possibilities, and it's here that I truly realize that, despite all the advances in technology and horsepower, all the polygons in the world cannot mask the fact that sports games have barely changed at all since the days of the Atari 2600 and Intellivision.

I think that's about to change. But it's up to Konami to seal the deal. I think they can do it.

The Nintendo Wii is a game system with a bad reputation, like the scrawny guy who walks into the bar looking for dates. But watch out, frat boys. This kid is about to go home with all the pretty girls.

With Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Fit, Smash Brothers Brawl, and now Pro Evo 2008, the Wii is turning into a killer. It's fast becoming the dominant console on all fronts.

No comments: