Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Not Very Impressed With the New Metroid


There's been little revealed about the upcoming Ninja Team Metroid: Other M, but I don't much like what I see so far.

I’d much rather play a videogame than watch plastic dolls act out a cheesy movie. I’ll reserve judgment and hope for the best, but I really don’t want a “movie.” And I’ll wager the millions who are lined around the block for Super Mario 5 won’t be interested, either. We want video games.

What I really want is a new 2D game in the style of Super Metroid - dark, moody, silent, no dialog or cut scenes, no holding your hand to make things easy. Just drop you into the caverns of some dark planet and let you fish your way out. Ya know, Super Metroid! And I might also be thinking of Todd’s Adventures in Slime World, which is a close cousin.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

No comments: