Monday, January 04, 2010

Technics SL-1200 Mk2 - Here's Some Really Cool Photos





There has been much speculation swirling since late November suggesting that Panasonic will kill its famous turntable, the Technics SL-1200 Mk2.  There has been a lot of backpeddling and confusing statements on the matter, and, frankly, no one as yet knows the fate of the world's most successful analog turntable.

In any event, this inspired me to grab some photos of the SL-1200 Mk2 in action.  Even though I currently use a 1977 Sony PS-X5, I've had my eye on a Tec-12 for ages, thanks to its indestructibility and endless upgrades.  Now I'm really wishing I had the spare cash to grab one.  Here's hoping that Panasonic does the wise thing and continue to produce these excellent turntables for years to come.  This remains one of the stellar bargains in hi-fi audio.

As you can see, the Mk2 comes in silver and black.  I'm more partial to the black, myself, but both colors look terrific.  Enjoy.

No comments: