Thursday, April 15, 2010

Beethoven String Quartet, Op.130 - The Orford String Quartet LP



Happy Birthday, everybody!  In celebration, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite albums - Beethoven's String Quartet Op.130, performed by the Orford String Quartet.

This "needle drop" was recorded onto my PC via Audacity and then chopped up and uploaded to Youtube.  I'm very impressed with the sound, and I hope this gives you a good idea of what my stereo system sounds like.  Naturally, it's much better in the original uncompressed analog, but I recorded at the highest possible quality every step of the way, and I think you'll enjoy the results.

I found this LP in the 50-cent section of Treehouse Records in Minneapolis.  I've bought so many classical albums and box sets from those guys, nearly always for a dollar or less each.  It's a terrific way to build your music library and enrich your lives with a vast history of wonderful music.  Always search the discount bins in the music stores, kids.  The hidden gems only reward the persistent and the curious.

No comments: