Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daniel Thomas Vol. 4

I've been tinkering around with the blog today, making some changes and additions.  The title is the biggie - "Videogames of the Damned" is out.  "Daniel Thomas Vol. 4" is in.

I began writing a games blog at Digital Press several years ago, just a little something for kicks.  Eventually, I moved over to Blogger in 2006 and wrote intermittently.  As these things usually go, my interests in the greater world found their way into my blog, and the content expanded into politics and music and whatnot.

"Daniel Thomas Vol. 4" is a title I've kicked around for a long while, as I've wanted to publish my online writings into one or two books.  That plan is always kicked back, as I never feel I have enough quality content, so I might as well use the title here.  No real harm anyway; hardly anybody reads this blog.  I don't promote it all that much, certainly in comparison to The Ghibli Blog.  But I'll work on that.

I realize that blogs and websites must remain focused on specific topics to find an audience, but I've always wandered too much for that to ever work.  This is a journal of my thoughts and ideas and experiences, and I'll go wherever the interests lie.  Hopefully, I'll find a few dedicated readers, but this site will likely not build the solid community you find at The Ghibli Blog.  But one can never predict how such things evolve.  I just have to focus on my writing, and hope my ideas are inspired enough to spark some discussions.

Thanks, as always, to everyone who visits.  It's well appreciated.

No comments: