Monday, November 03, 2008

My Prediction for 2008


I thought it over the past few days, and in the end, I decided to stick with my "best-case" map from a week ago. I think this is closer to becoming a reality than any time in the past. And if I'm wrong, I'll only be off by a state or two.

Obama should win the popular vote by, oh...10 points. Does 10 points sound good?

Obama's score in the Electoral Vote, by this map, is 406. It'll definitely be over 350.

On the Minnesota Congressional races, I'll be a good team player and say the Dems sweep. Franken in Senate, Tinklenberg in MN-06, Media in MN-03, Sarvi in MN-02.

Turnout, as always, is the key. Rachael Maddow says the final turnout might surpass 140 million. Good lord, that's almost unheard of in American politics. There's no way all these people are showing up to defend the status quo. Americans are pissed. They hate George W. Bush and they hate the Republicans. And here's another clue for you all: McCain and Palin aren't too popular, either.

The more people that show up to play ball, the higher our score. There will be a number of red states that McCain will carry in single digits. If we could boost the African-American vote by just 10%....wow. We are a nation of hope and possibility now. It's been a very long time.

No comments: