Monday, November 24, 2008

Need Help

How hard is it to find something like this?

I'm searching that I can use for an isolation platform for my stereo system. It involves placing metal ball bearings into an aluminum cup, which is then placed underneath the stereo components - speakers, turntable, yadda yadda. This photo is an example of a custom-machined job, but I'm searching high and low for something similar that I can find at retail.

My best success so far has been with drawer knobs. Recessed drawer pulls, in fact. They work as a kind of bowl for the ball bearings. Unfortunately, these knobs are either nickel, bronze, brass, or chrome. These metals produce a "chatter" effect, which gives off a bright, hard sound. It doesn't work. Aluminum is the ideal material. Any luck out there?

No comments: