Monday, March 22, 2010

I Redesigned the Site Yet Again

Yeah, couldn't ya tell?  This is what I've been doing with my evening, redesigning and tweaking Daniel Thomas Vol 4.  I think it looks really damn cool, and better than ever.  It's a simpler design, and that's because of Blogger's new template feature, which enables more customization than ever.  I really like it and hope they can add more templates to the mix.

I prefer a darker screen that's easier on my eyes.  The standard black text on white background just gives me headaches.  It's like staring into a lamp all day long, and just hurts my head after a long period of time.  No, thanks.  This is standard in web design because it's easiest, and also because working with colors (and "web-safe" colors, at that) is so much more challenging.  You can so easily create a webpage that's overrun in garish and clashing colors - the bane of '90s web design.

I hope I'm more successful in 2010.  A blog really shouldn't focus on visual design, anyway.  Usability is the prime directive in this field - ease of navigation, finding what you need, yadda yadda.  But I'm an artist, and I need a site that looks attractive and colorful.  I think I've done a good job, although much of this is still subject to revision.  We'll see how it goes.

Enjoy Vol 4, kids!

No comments: