Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Photos - Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest


Yesterday, while adding the Virtual Console and Videogame Classics archives, I had to repost my essay on Simon's Quest.  I also snapped a number of photos for the old review, so now I'm giving them a proper "screenshots" post.

Castlevania fans thrilled that Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (PC Engine CD) is finally available on the Virtual Console.  I haven't touched the television set in a week (spinning records on my stereo is far better), but I have played the game and I love it.  Very stylish and artistic and deeply challenging; I especially love the early level where you walk through a devestated town, in homage to Simon's Quest.  Yeeeh!.

I highly recommend adding Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest to your Virtual Console, especially if you're a fan of NES action-adventure games like Zelda 2, Metroid and Blaster Master.

No comments: