Friday, February 26, 2010

Abandoned For Wreckage And No One Cares

What a pack of mean, cruel, selfish monsters.  Are these America's values in the 21st Century?  There is something dangerously wrong with a culture that embraces such cruelty, and a people who allow themselves to be seduced by this gospel of selfishness.

Where, I wonder, are the self-proclaimed "pro-life Christian Conservatives?"  These are the public voices of their Republican Party.  Where is the outrage?  Who is coming to clothe the naked, feed the hungry, comfort the afflicted, visit the imprisoned?  Not a word.  This is what passes for compassion and charity for much of America.

I'm reminded of the great Megadeth song about veterans who become used and abandoned, thrown out on the streets and left for dead.  It's one of the great protest songs of my generation, because it cuts to the heart of the injustice and cruelty of this culture.  "Tears streak his solemn stare/Abandoned for wreckage and no one cares..Don't ask what you can do for your country/Ask what your country can do for you."





You know I'm getting so many people -- this Louise Slaughter comment on the dentures? I'm getting so many people -- this is big. I mean, that gets a one-time mention for a laugh, but there are people out there that think this is huge because it's so stupid. I mean, for example, well, what's wrong with using a dead person's teeth? Aren't the Democrats big into recycling? Save the planet? And so what? So if you don't have any teeth, so what? What's applesauce for? Isn't that why they make applesauce?

I am wearing George Washington's dentures right now. I'm wearing his teeth right now...I just like wearing dead people's teeth. But in America -- I'm sorry, I didn't know that that was -- I've read the Constitution before. I didn't see that you had a right to teeth.

I have no health care, Mr. Pwesident, and I have no feet and no tonsils because doctors took 'em out."

Will Obamacare buy me glasses and contacts? Will Obamacare buy me a gold tooth in the front of my mouth with a little heart on it?"

No comments: