Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Just Dance 2 - The Newest Trailer (Featuring James Brown!)



Ubisoft's newest trailer for Just Dance 2, which looks absolutely smashing.  The original game has now sold over 3.3 million copies, and it continues to be a steady seller every week.  And the fact that this was achieved in a near-total media blackout speaks volumes.  The true video game revolution of this decade - the rise of the female gamer - has yet to be acknowledged or reckoned with by the fanboys who write the gaming sites and magazines.  That's a story that needs to be told.

This video just puts a big smile on my face.  The more I see, the more I like, and the more confidence I have in the design team.  I think they're listening to the fans and have some surprises in store.  Duat mode, eight players, refined graphics, more goofy costumes and funky moves...Every person I know in Bogota will be telling me to bring this game.  Video games are twice as expensive in Colombia as in America, you see.  That means yours truly will be playing Santa Claus this Christmas, with a bag stuffed with a dozen (or more) copies of Just Dance 2.

Pay attention, gamers.  Just Dance 2 is going to be one of the year's biggest games.  Nintendo was very wise to secure this title as a Wii exclusive, guaranteeing the nascent dance genre will be firmly in their camp.

No comments: