Saturday, October 24, 2009

Here's the Rega Fono Mini



Here's a look at the $145 Rega Fono Mini, an excellent phono preamp.  This may be one of the great deals in hi-fi audio, and, unlike the bulk of hi-fi, which is catered towards the idle rich, delivers wonderful music to the masses.  You know, people like you and me who aren't swimming in play money.

I'll be writing my full-length review later, but I wanted to share this with you now.  If you have a vintage turntable, and especially a Japanese direct drive, the Rega Fono Mini is a must.  Pair it with an Ortofon 2M Blue and you'll be hearing the best music of your lives.

Just so everybody knows, here's my current stereo system in the living room.  I'll include the prices for your convenience.

Sony PS-X5 direct drive turntable - $100
Ortofon 2M Blue Moving Magnet cart - $200
Funk Achromat platter mat - $100
Harman/Kardon 330c stereo receiver - $12.50
RCA stereo speakers - $35
Rega Fono Mini - $145

Don't let the outrageous prices on new audio equipment scare you.  The great bargains are out there, if you are but willing to look.

No comments: