Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm With CoCo



This NBC scandal is a disgrace, for both Conan O'Brien and Jay Leno.  Clearly, the wrong person is about to be fired.  It's terrific to see the younger generation turn out to support Conan.  Unfortunately, that support is currently online, and in the television business, Facebook and Twitter don't count.  But don't lose heart, show your support, and have faith.  Something unexpected may happen.

I have a long tradition of charging towards windmills, so, naturally, I have to join in and voice my support for Conan.  He has every right to sit at Johnny Carson's desk.  Then again, so did Dave Letterman.

Edit: I should specify when I write about the "wrong person" being fired.  The only ones in my mind who should lose their jobs are the NBC executives.  Good Lord, the President of NBC needs to be fired.  They've taken a normal situation regarding ratings and network affiliates, and somehow managed to completely destroy their late-night institution, and drive away two of their most talented stars, Jay Leno and Conan O'Brien.  It is now appearing more and more likely that both will be gone.  And what happens to The Tonight Show, television's greatest legacy?  Nobody knows.  What a disaster and what a damned disgrace.  Conan and Jay deserved better.

No comments: