Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Yet Another Sarah Palin Scandal

Sigh. Okay, I'm not sighing, I'm laughing. And I'm munching on popcorn. This is the most fun I've had with politics since Admiral Stockdale.

There's blood in the water and the sharks are out in full force and the ship is sinking fast. I need more metaphors.

After taking over as Mayor of the small town of Wasilla, Palin fired the longtime local police chief. The former police chief, Irl Stambaugh says he was fired because he stepped on the toes of Palin's campaign contributors, including bar owners and the National Rifle Association.

Stambaugh's lawyer, William Jermain, says the chief tried to move up the closing hours of local bars from 5 a.m. to two a.m. after a spurt of drunk driving accidents and arrests.

"His crackdown on that practice by the bars was not appreciated by her and that was one reason she terminated Irl," said Jermain.

You see, this is what I mean about being serious. One minute I'm staring down George Orwell's police state, the next I'm facing a VP candidate who's apparantly in favor of drunk driving.

No comments: